Florida Elder Law & Estate Planning Blog
Karp Law Firm’s Social Worker Networking Breakfasts
April 20, 2018
The Karp Law Firm held three networking and informational breakfasts for social workers and case managers in April 2018. Great thanks to our hosts who welcomed us to their gorgeous facilities: HarborChase in Palm Beach Gardens, Allegro in Boynton Beach, and Harbor Place in Port St. Lucie. After networking and a delicious breakfast, attendees heard presentations on several topics.
- Attorney Jacqueline Bain of the Florida Healthcare Law Firm discussed What Information Can You Release to Other Healthcare Providers? HIPAA and the New Florida Information Act.
- Donna True, Program Services Coordinator and Keith Gibson, Director of Program Services for the Alzheimer’s Association, presented a video on Alzheimer’s diease and discussed the organization’s services.
- The attorneys of The Karp Law Firm explained why those who work with elderly patients tmust make sure their patients have a valid Durable Power of Attorney, and also provided an update on the ever-changing rules for Medicaid and V.A. long-term care benefits.
- At HarborChase in Palm Beach Gardens, Attorney Jacqueline Bain tells attendees what they need to know about HIPAA and the Florida Information Protection Act
On the scene at HarborChase from The Karp Law Firm are (L-R) Quetxy Pagan, Estate Planning Assistant; Deeanna Farrington, MSW, Case Manager Supervisor; and Attorney Jonathan Karp
- At Allegro in Boynton Beach (L-R): Attorneys Joseph Karp and Jonathan Karp, Assistant Case Manager Zamara Rosete
- L-R: Keith Gibson of the Alzheimers Association and Attorney Joseph Karp at Allegro, Boynton Beach
- Donna True, LCSW, Program Services Coordinator for the Alzheimer’s Association Southeast Florida Chapter, addresses the group at Harbor Place in Port St. Lucie